Monday 1 August 2011

New beginnings



I've blogged before.  In another life.  A long distant past where I pretended to be a crafty mum and perfect housewife.  The reality was that I was failing at both but didn't want the cracks to show.  You can't be a perfect housewife when your husband is so damn imperfect and you can't be crafty when your world is crashing down around your ears.  It was three years ago now that I decided to take the brave step to leave all that behind me and become a single parent to five children.  For a while I felt a failure.  I could feel people judging me and felt like just another statistic.  But slowly I've regained my confidence, brushed myself off and life is now back on a much more even keel than ever it was before.  I'm enjoying being me without trying to be anything I'm not.  I have nobody to answer to and life is happy.  Don't get me wrong, it's bloody tough being a single parent to so many.  There's never enough time, never enough money.  But we get by and face each day as it comes and so far, so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment